Bill Quick looks at news that Russia is deploying forces to prop up the Syrian regime and worries that the whole thing could erupt into the next global conflict.
World War I was fought over far less.
- Syria: At the Epicenter of Regional Fault Lines
- Scenarios flowing from a Syrian outcome
- Saudi Arabia keeps oil tap on; Iran, Russia hurt
- Syria crisis: western troops 'increasingly likely' to intervene
- Iran warns Arabs on Syria intervention
- Russia Wants Iran And Saudi Arabia In Syria Talks - eurasiareview.com
- Buoyed in Syria, al-Qaeda turns to Iraq?