1. I don't know if it was Leher's decision or an agreement by the candidates, but I thought that pretending that this was still exclusively a foreign policy/national defense debate by shoehorning "financial security" into national security was pretty lame. If you want to change the format so the first hour is about economics, just say so.
2. No major gaffes from Obama like I was hoping, but overall I thought McCain looked stronger.
3. McCain made Obama look outright foolish about Iran.
4. McCain clearly had a message he wanted people to hear about Obama. He repeated over and over, "Senator Obama just doesn't get it."
5. Obama either had no theme for the night, or didn't communicate it very well.