We always thought they were tougher than that. An Australian Rules football player was rushed to a hospital after he accidentally swallowed a beer cap as he celebrated his team's victory. "They filled the premiership cup with beer and were passing it around," said Dr. Robert Douglas. The unnamed but embarrassed footballer "felt something in his throat, and it was a beer-bottle cap in his chest, stuck in his esophagus." Doctors were able to remove the cap by performing an endoscopy.
Powered by ScribeFire.